Who we are
We are Maggie Z Photography - the data controller responsible for your personal information
What we collect
• Personal information including your name, address, e-mail address; phone number; gender and date of birth; country, as well as the names, dates of birth, gender and other details about your family members and other participants in a photography session, together with and other information that you elect to provide to us.
• Information about your debit/credit card and bank account information provided by you to when processing payment for our goods and services.
• Personal details you choose to give us when corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or meeting us in person.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal information in the following ways: • to provide you with our services and to create and deliver the products you have requested and contact you regarding your use of the services. Such use is necessary to respond to or implement your request and for the performance of the contract between you and us. • As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make;
to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you;
if you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
to comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from competent authorities; protect our operations; protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated businesses, you or others; and enforce or defend legal rights, or prevent damage.
With your consent, we may use your photographs to promote and advertise our business, including printed publications, presentations, promotional materials (including leaflets, brochures, stickers, bookmarks, posters, factsheets, calendars); on our website and other digital advertising of our services; and in social media forums such as Instagram and Facebook.
We may provide you with information about goods or services, events and other promotions we feel may interest you. We will contact you by email only with your consent, if this was given at the time you provided us with the personal data
How do you store, use, share and disclose your site visitors' personal information?
Our website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
We also share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
Service Providers: we sometimes engage selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, such as card processing or payment services, IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable us to provide our goods/services, and providers of specialist services, including retouching, printers, framers and book binders. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
Administrative and Legal Reasons: if we need to disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation and/or judicial or regulatory proceedings, a court order or other legal process. to enforce our Terms & Conditions or other applicable contract terms that you are subject to; to protect us, our members or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
Certain applicable data protection laws give you specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, if the processing of your personal data is subject to the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
• Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
• Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it. We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
• Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so: o If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or o If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
• Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent. • Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office ). If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the “Contact” section below. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.